Sunday, April 25, 2010

Home Made Strawberry Juice

Image: Dreamstime
Over last 2 years, my weight increased significantly and my present goal is to get back into shape. The main reason I became overweight is because of my sedentary life style and in addition, lot of sugar intake in the form of carbonated beverages. I used to love walking and drinking lots of water some 4 years ago but due to change in my habits, water got replaced by coke and walk with driving a car. I have made some changes to my life style by bringing back some old habits like drinking water, walking again on purpose, and avoiding sugar beverages and so on. With that in mind, I started having fruit juices instead of coke. The fruit juices from Wal-Mart and other places have added sugar and so I decided to make fruit juices myself. I went to Publix, Kroger, Wal-Mart and other places to find some fruits but all of them were expensive except in Wal-Mart (in some cases). I think Kroger and Publix have good fruits but very expensive to me.So, I went to Aldi's to find some fruits and I was surprised to find good quality fruits at such a low price. I got 2 boxes of strawberries (@1$ each), cut them into pieces and placed them in the juicer. I did add lots of milk to it and a little bit of sugar for taste. I could make 8 glasses of juice for just 2$. Awesome right!!Try it yourself and let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment