Friday, April 2, 2010

US Mint 1$ Coins

I usually buy US 1$ coins from www.usmint.gov  in the amounts of 250 or 500$. The purpose of buying is to collect coins and also a good way of getting cash back on your credit card (1% to 2% depending on your CC). I use my master card to get some thank you points for the amount I spend. 
                               
The purpose of the program ($1 Coin Direct Ship Program”) is to distribute these coins all over USA for general public. These coins come in lots of 250 and a maximum of 500 can be bought at one time (500 per president). These coins are named after the presidents of USA. I use these coins in retail stores or give them to get dollar bills. I am getting the rewards and also helping them to distribute these coins in my area. This is a good idea for those who want to build a good credit history. You can order 250$/month and pay them for your apartment rent, something like that. When you try to place an order it shows 4.99$ or so for shipping but at the checkout you will not be charged any shipping fees.

Note on their website: The immediate bank deposit of $1 Coins ordered through this Program does not result in their introduction into circulation and, therefore, does not comply with the intended purpose of the Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment